We have profiled the secondary metabolites group in individual plant parts to better understand the “entourage effect” of broad and full-spectrum CBD, and to measure the therapeutic potential of all parts of the cannabis plant, and are working to develop a cannabis classification system to better group various cultivars into categories that will more accurately define their usage in clinical research, industrial production and patient’s self production in Canada.
List of Our Publications
- (First author) Jin, D., Jin, S., Yu, Y., Lee, C. & Chen, J. Classification of Cannabis Cultivars Marketed in Canada for Medical Purposes by Quantification of Cannabinoids and Terpenes Using HPLC-DAD and GC-MS. J Anal Bioanal Tech 8, 2 (2017).
- (First author) Jin, D., Jin, S. & Chen, J. Cannabis Indoor Growing Conditions, Management Practices, and Post-Harvest Treatment: A Review. American Journal of Plant Sciences 10, 925–946 (2019).
- (First author) Jin, D., Dai, K., Xie, Z. & Chen, J. Secondary Metabolites Profiled in Cannabis Inflorescences, Leaves, Stem Barks, and Roots for Medicinal Purposes. Scientific Reports 10, 3309 (2020).
- (Coauthor) Henry, P. et al. A single nucleotide polymorphism assay sheds light on the extent and distribution of genetic diversity, population structure and functional basis of key traits in cultivated north American cannabis. Journal of Cannabis Research 2, 26 (2020).
- (Presenter) “Cannabis, the Herbal Medicine”, NHPRS (Natural Health Product Research Society of Canada) Annual Conference, London, Ontario, Aug. 14-17, 2015
- (Presenter) “Cannabis Classification Systems and Growth Trends of the North American Medical Cannabis Industry”, Second Annual Conference of TCM Pharmacognosy of WFCMS (World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies), Wuhan, China, Oct. 24-26, 2015
- (Presenter) “A Chemotaxonomic Study of Medicinal Cannabis Marketed in Canada”, The International Conference on Analytical & Bio analytical Techniques conference, Orlando, USA, Sep. 29, 2016
- (Presenter) “Secondary Metabolites Profiled in Cannabis Inflorescences, Leaves, Stalk, and Roots for Medicinal Purposes”, Vitafoods Europe Summit, Geneva, Switzerland, May 8, 2019
Got a project?
help natural health companies create amazing products..