In our ISO 17025 and Health Canada certified labs we perform product testing, formulation research, quality control, and process validation for cannabis and natural health products.
Analytical ServicesWe offer a number of testing methods using state-of-the-art equipment and processes to ensure product accuracy, reliability, and compliance.
We can seamlessly combine cannabis ingredients to create a product that best suits your needs.
HPLC with UV/Vis
High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) with UV/Vis detector for Cannabinoids profile and other herbals active ingredients quantification test for raw material and finished product.
HPLC with MS
High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) with Mass Spectrometry (MS) detectors for impurities and limit components in raw material and finished product.
HPLC with MS/MS
High Performance Liquid Chromatography with Triple Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer (MS/MS) for Toxins (Aflatoxins, Ochratoxin) test in raw materials.
GC with FID
Gas Chromatography (GC) with Flame Ionization Detector (FID) for Residual Solvents scan.
GC with MS
Gas Chromatography (GC) with Mass Spectrometry (MS) Detector for Pesticides Residual scan and Cannabis Terpene Profile test.
Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS) for Heavy Metals and Minerals Scan in raw material and finished product.
Raw Material Identification by High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography (HPTLC).
Allergy Tests by ELISA Kits.
Stability/Shelf life study.
In close partnerships with universities across the country we are developing new innovative, effective, and clinically validated botanical drugs. These planned product lines include:
- AD-01 for Alzheimer’s disease
- CP-02 for Neuropathic Pain Phase 2 trial on chronic pain patients
PBG Laboratories are equipped with experienced research and analytical experts, state-of-art research and analytical equipment and multiple innovative technologies. From new product concept, formulation development, product testing to final prototype product creation, we have a true “one-stop-shop” modern laboratory.
Our labs have following credentials:
- Cannabis Analytical Testing Licence from Health Canada
- Multiple Health Canada-issued Cannabis Research Licences
- ISO/IEC 17025 compliance
- GMP site licence compliance or Natural Health Products
- Drug Establishment Licence compliance
Research andProduct Development
Our research and product development team have two decades of history in pioneering and growing the biopharmaceutical industry. Utilizing our proprietary GenBioChem® Triple Fingerprinting Technology, we have created numerous innovative, ready-to-market natural health and cannabis-based products.
Our hard-working and talented scientists are dedicated to create or discover:
- Innovative product concepts
- New formulations in various edible and topical forms, including natural health products and cannabis products
- Mechanism of actions on health benefit
- Chemical fingerprinting on active ingredients
- Genetic biomarkers
- Product stability and shelf life
- Prototype products for pilot production
- Chemical synthesis of natural active pharmaceutical compounds and their derivatives
We test raw material and finished products of natural health products, cannabis/hemp, food, cosmetics, OTC/prescription drugs and controlled substances to prove that they comply with national and international standards or customer specifications. All our work is performed under strict compliance with current ISO 17025 requirements.
We offer numerous testing methods using state-of-the-art analytical instruments such as HPLC-UV/Vis, LC-MS/MS, GC-FID, GC-MS, GC-MS/MS, ICP-MS.
We are able to perform the full spectrum of product tests to ensure product accuracy, reliability, and regulatory compliance.
- Raw Material Potency Testing and Identification
- Pesticides Residues
- Residual Solvent Scan
- Cannabinoids Profile
- Terpene Profile
- Toxin Tests (Aflatoxins, Ochratoxin)
- Allergy Tests by ELISA
- Heavy Metals and Microbial Testing
- Genetic and Chemical Fingerprinting for plant species including cannabis and herbal species
Got a project?
We’re a team of scientists who are excited about unique ideas and
help natural health companies create amazing products.